Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall 2009 Illusionism!


My first drawing from this year's illusionism class. My assignment was to create the illusion of paper on a pre-existing drawing. I wanted to create a little narrative, so I painted a coffee stain onto my print and drew a scrap of paper as if it had been hastily taped over the stain. However, the idea that I would ever spill coffee on my prints or attempt to salvage one ruined in such a way (when multiples exist) is far-fetched at best, so I ordered the composition centrally to call attention to the deliberate nature of the illusion.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I looked at your illustration in shock before I read your caption. I thought you had truly had an accident and then poorly patched it. I couldn't figure this out, because I KNEW this was so out of character for you. Your patch illustration is so real I can hardly believe it is not real. Sheila